Campsite near Toulouse
Visit from our campsite, Toulouse, a city in the South West of France which is the capital of the Occitanie region.
Nicknamed La Ville Rose, it has a rich historical heritage with the presence of a large number of unique monuments mixing modernity and charm of yesteryear.
The essentials for your vacations in Occitania
Places to discover in Toulouse, there are many and some places constitute unavoidable to visit during your vacations in La Ville Rose near Aveyron.
- The Capitol Square is the lung of the city where the Capitol stands. Covering an area of 12,000 square meters, it is entirely reserved for pedestrians and also offers a large daily market.
- The basilica Saint-Sernin, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the largest Romanesque church in France.
- The quays of the Garonne constitute one of the most beautiful tourist sites of the city.
- The Muséum d’histoire naturelle of Toulouse is the second largest museum in France with nearly 3.000 m².
- The City of Space covers 4 hectares and allows you to discover space and the conquest of space.
Why Ville Rose?
When we discover Toulouse for the first time, we are immediately surprised by the particular color of the buildings with a mixture of pink and orange. To know more about it, we have to go back to the 1st century BC during the Roman occupation.
The clay was used for the construction of brick houses and once fired, it is dyed with a pink and orange color. It is in fact a tradition that has continued until today.
When is the best time to visit Toulouse?
Toulouse is still active all year round and offers a large number of festivals. The atmosphere of this city also changes with the seasons. Take advantage of the summer period and the heat, to visit and stroll on the terrace on the famous place du Capitole for example.
Between November and March, the weather is a little cooler but the temperatures remain mild.
On the accommodation side, many establishments are at your disposal. Unfortunately, there are few campsites to welcome you unless you want to move. In this case, go to l’Aveyron for your rental…
Where to stay to discover Toulouse and its region?
You can find a large number of hotels and residences in the city or its outskirts.
But if you wish to also take advantage of it to discover our magnificent region do not hesitate to go up towards the Aveyron between Albi and Rodez at 1h30 by car.
You will discover a very rich tourist department with Millau and its famous Viaduct, Sauveterre de Rouergue, the Viaduct of Viaur, Belcastel, Najac, Aubrac, Cordes, Conques, the Lake of Pareloup, Villefranche de Rouergue among others.
We propose to accommodate you in our camping of the Lake Bonnefon in Naucelle a few kilometers from the Tarn.
The comfortable mobile homes and chalets of our family campsite in Aveyron will seduce you and will allow you to rest by our heated swimming pool and enjoy our facilities and entertainment for the whole family.